Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update on Production

So I got to shoot about 50 mintues worth of interview footage this weekend at the Texas Cowboys' Pavilion. The footage below is a tiny section of one location I shot. I apologize for its plain-quality, but I had some technical difficulties at the CMA and was in a rush to make it to my Cowboys meeting on time. The short clip is of Harley Clark, who was a newman(new member) in Cowboys in 1955. He was the University of Texas Yell Leader in his college years and is known for making the Longhorn Hook' em hand symbol what it is today. In this interview he is discussing the chaps that the Texas Cowboys wear. This interview is kind of a historical background on the Vaqueros influencing the cowboys to wear their Chaps. The clip is followed by a couple of archival photos I have chosen out of about 500. I plan to use them throught the documentary with motion effects to keep you guys from yawning so much. Please by kind...I know the camera work is moving around a lot, but I plan to have B-roll and photos in the sections where it is zooming, moving, etc...

Here is the youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7iL4aHyB-Y

2 comments:

Ellen S said...

Hi John,
This is a very effective and interesting interview. well shot, great colors, strong character, interesting information and compelling archival photos at the end. GREAT WORK!

Prof. Spiro

Kim Hall said...

Ditto. Did you get any close-ups on this guy, or on the chaps? That was one of the only things I was missing visually in this footage.