Wednesday, October 29, 2008

1st Production Report

So I'm finally getting things to pan out with my documentary. After permission issues shattered the hope of producing a documentary about a boxer, I quickly changed gears and went head first into the Speech and Debate team here at UT. The team has a big event this weekend in Houston, so tonight I went and shot my subject, Joe, and some other debaters as they practiced together. It turned out to be surprisingly interesting and I am beginning to foresee how this could come together as a documentary. I will post a clip once I get the chance.
As of now my plan is to document Joe's life as he prepares for another big speech event 3 weeks from now at A&M. The documentary will be a buildup to the climatic event, reveal, and resolution. Typical, yes, but I hope to incorporate my own spin.

Update 11/6:

Here is a clip from the shoot. Nothing too special. It is Joe and some of his team members as they practice for a match. The part where they are all speaking at the same time is a way of practicing to avoid distractions and get their presentations under 10 min.

No comments: