Saturday, October 4, 2008

Footage From The Flames of University Towers

So, I was at my friend Melanie's tonight (also one of my character-portraits). My friend Brian and I were just about to leave (it was around 1a.m.) when the fire alarm went off, apparently this happens a lot at this complex. We were going down the dungeon-like hallways with the lights beaming down and the siren blaring when I realized that I was holding the flip-cam that Ellen had generously supplied for us. Thankfully, I thought to use it and as you can see I was pretty excited by this whole ordeal. The way the drunken students acted at the end was so amazingly crazy. It was this great moment where I felt like a filmmaker capturing something really spontaneous and amazing. The flip-cam was really un-intrusive so it allowed me greater access to everything that was going on.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Interesting. Kept my eyes engaged.

E. Spiro said...

Omigosh, I had no idea there was a commercial at the end of everything you shoot! I promise, I am not representin FlipCam!
E. Spiro