Thursday, November 6, 2008

Self Promotion/Exposure

Last week I found out that pitchfork media was contacting this band, harlem, asking for a copy of my music video. I am pretty pleased. The reason they found it was because a blog called gorilla vs. bear made mention of it two weeks ago and then it was viewed by about 1,000 people in one day. The reason gorilla vs. bear mentioned it was because they stumbled upon it on youtube and the fact that I had been pushing the video on myspace and facebook gave it more views, making it easier to stumble upon. Anyhow, I don't get any money but I do get a bit of exposure.

Here is the link:
http://pitchfork.tv/videos/harlem-witch-greens

3 comments:

Ben Kullerd said...

That's awesome news, Daniel. Pitchfork media is a pretty big deal - congratulations!

I remember seeing this video early in the semester. I think you posted it or showed it to us. I really like the kind of haphazard editing and shooting - goes well with the color and quality of the footage. I've never heard of this band, but I think they grew on me watching the video a second time. I'll have to check them out.

Mike Wise said...

Score, Nice Job Dan!

Ellen S said...

That's great. A lesson that getting your work out there is a good thing to do, you never know who will see it. Next time you get paid!