Monday, November 17, 2008

Production Report #2: Speech and Debate

So this weekend I drove to College Station to shoot Joe in a speech tournament on Saturday. I'm broke as a joke so I thought I'd save a buck and just sleep in my car Friday night... Possibly the worst idea ever, don't ever do it. I curled up in the fetal position in the back seat of my Honda Accord at 1am and tossed and turned all night until my alarm went off at 540a. Worst of all I'm a terrrrible packer and I forgot blankets and it was right during that cold front that came in over the weekend. Good call, Alex.

Anyway, I woke up, set up my equipment, and starting shooting at 620a. Everything went smoothly. It was my first speech tournament, so I was still learning the ropes, but I was able to capture Joe throughout the day and get some solid interviews during his breaks. It's funny how much easier it is to interview someone who does speech recreationally. Every question I asked him was a perfect, natural response. Loved it. Anyway, the awards ceremony didn't end until 1030p so it was a long day for everyone. But that was the bulk of my shooting for this project. I have a few more days scheduled for this week so hopefully I can wrap by then. We'll seeeeeee.

I'll post some footage from the weekend on this post tomorrow.

No comments: