Friday, November 14, 2008

Kibbie makes her film debut!


So earlier today, I went down to my hometown (New Braunfels) to help my father move his 100 year-old car (which he's named Kibbie) out of storage. I had a really great shooting day, and things are going quite well with my new documentary. I think it's going to be a whole lot of fun to put together. I already have a good 2+ hours of footage, and I think I'm ready to do some edits. The big event (that is, the car's birthday party) is a weekend away. I can't wait to film. The only problem I might run into is camera availability. If anyone knows they will have a camera checked out next weekend that they don't need Saturday, I would greatly appreciate borrowing it (just for that day). Otherwise, everything is going great, and I hope to have some footage posted soon (once I start uploading). Maybe i'll even bring a rough-cut to class this Thursday.

1 comment:

Megan B said...

This sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it! Good luck capturing the footage. By far the most monotonous part of the entire process. I had about 3 hrs worth of footage and I'm a bit overwhelemed with it. How I'm supposed to whittle it down to 10 minutes is beyond me.