Monday, November 24, 2008

Alborosie - Soul Pirate cd

Alborosie - Kingston Town


I just wanted to spead the word on some new reggae I found. I know some people on this message board are into reggae.

He's an artist named Alborosie. He is originally from Sicily and was in a reggae band there. He moved to Jamaica and has become a full Rastafarian. He had just completed a disc called Soul Pirate. The problem is that this disc is not on itunes or even available is the US yet. From listening to the songs on his My Space page, I ordered his disc from Europe.

http://www.myspace.com/alborosie

This disc is so good that I think it will be as big as Damian Marley's Jamrock or Stephen Marley's Mind Control or even Sean Paul's Trinity disc. With songs like Herbalist, Precious, Kingston Town, Waan the Herb, Sound Killa, and Natual Mystic featuring Ky-Mani Marley it can't help but be a big hit in the reggae world. It sounds like old school reggae while being brand new. The song Bad Mind sounds a little like a 311 song and there is a little bit of the Matisyahu sound as well.

I don't usually get excited about new music, (It's all been done before) but I really like this disc.

2 comments:

Ben Kullerd said...

I've heard of this guy before - my roommate's introduced me to him a little while back.

It's a pretty sweet album

Mike Wise said...

Word, I can get anybody a cd if you guys want one. Let me know