Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Honesty is the best policy?

Well, my documentary has been all super mysterious and whatnot. My original documentary was about a Mr. Trey Ratcliff, but unfortunately, I don't think I could fit all the material I want onto a 10 min documentary. But also, I want to learn how to mess with After Effects better in order to illustrate his photography better. He's already posted information about my documentary on his blog...and it's definitely something I want to get to.

But over the break I decided to make a "personal documentary" of sorts of my family, basically trying to establish my own cultural or individual identity. I don't think this will be the final draft but definitely an intro to something that I'll be working on throughout my life.

I asked 12 or so of my family members 3 of the same exact questions. Each of the individuals vary between where they were born and when they were born. I'm trying to illustrate the various similarities and differences between all of them---and the questions themselves don't necessarily have a very tangible answer. At the same time I'm trying to give a small glimpse into my family Thanksgivings.

Maybe I'm trying to bite off more than I can chew (like always); I am having a hard time parting with some of the clips--I wish I could show all footage I captured.

No comments: