Monday, December 1, 2008

Experimental Doc



I've been searching for different types of docs, I'm having a hard time making my project into something that has a story. I feel like its all fragmented, and not as fluid as the docs I'm used to watching, but somehow I think the fragments tell so much about my subject. I'm having a hard time piecing this together. Anyway I've been searching for examples of different types of Doc, and here is something I found on Youtube that I thought some of you might enjoy, I guess I should elaborate on WHY I enjoyed it and what it did.

Well obviously the visuals are amazing, but more so I'm interested in the way the film maker created a story with them. I don't think the story is literal, for me it was more about the emotion. The story for me had to do with the different images I was reading and how they changed corresponded to the way I felt when I watched...

I appreciated this doc, because it was unlike anything I'd watched recently. Although, I love conventional doc and what it does, its refreshing to see things that aren't so easy to read. I'm fine with having to make up my own assumptions based on what someone wants to show me. Maybe its too late to be updating this post, and I'm a little over emotional and lacking sleep, but it was something really great to watch and I think its definitely worth watching.



PRODUCTION REPORT-

I suck at recording sound. I flubbed up one of my most important scenes, and now I'm going to have to rely on the little creativity I have left in me to save me....Hope everyone else is having better luck. I'll post a bit of what I do today, its going to be a little experimental, we'll see what comes of it.

1 comment:

Jason W said...

Good luck on your doc. I'm sure you'll pull through just fine. A lot of times (at least in my limited experience) I've found that supposed problems actually end up being blessings in disguise. Sounds neat what you plan to do on the experimental side. Look forward to seeing the final cut!