Thursday, December 11, 2008

Graduate Students Screening

Last night I stayed for the graduate student documentary screening. It was great seeing their finalized products and comparing them to our films. Many of the films were very impressive, with my favorites being "Locomotion" and "Western Brothers' Adventure Story." Both of these were just beautiful to watch and "Western Brothers" was probably the sweetest short I have ever seen in my entire life. I actually wanted a copy of it, but I felt really creepy asking!

I loved having some of the subjects in the audience. It created a very special environment with a lot of unspoken excitement. It was just great to sit back and watch other people docs without having to stress about mine anymore!

2 comments:

John said...

Don't feel creepy. Anyone who makes a film wants it to be seen and appreciated. Anyone who says he doesn't is either lying or inhuman.

Asking for a copy of a film is about the best compliment you can give. Praise never gets old.

Ellen S said...

Yes, I bet Drew (the filmmaker) would love to hear from you!