Thursday, September 25, 2008

tone poem - lauren s

Every Monday at TC's Lounge on Webberville is blues night, where a sweaty mass of old and young like to dance theirs away. Hipster 20-somethings have infiltrated the humble little bar and made it their Monday night hang out. The band leader always makes the joke, "Stop telling your friends," and you can tell he's less than half kidding. Amongst the mess of college-aged party people I noticed an older woman who seemed to be having a spiritual experience.

This tone poem is named after the soundtrack "is she ok," a song I recorded a few months ago.

3 comments:

Ellen S said...

THANKS FOR THE POST, Lauren. Your micro-doc has a very particular kind of tone and mood and your original music is key. It accomplishes the goal of the project quite well.
E. Spiro

Ben Kullerd said...

I love this video - I think the lighting, which was totally up to chance and incidental to the bar, is amazing, and the first jumble of images, which finally settle on the woman's face is a great intro. I love your music, too.

John F said...

I really like this video as well. I have been to TeeCees a couple of times, and this video does a grand job of displaying the atmoshpere there. I think it is important to keep a note that some of your best lighting is in natural place like this. Hooray for good blues music, cheap malt liquor, and great natural lighting!!!