Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not a documentary, but...

     So, this isn't exactly documentary related, but it was a film "event," so I thought I'd hit up the blog a bit. I got invited to intend a press screening of The Brothers Bloom this Monday at the Galaxy Highland theater as part of the press tour for the film. The movie was amazing: great performances, an awesome score, wonderful cinematography and camera work, and hilarious writing.
     Today, because I attended the screening on Monday, I got to sit down and do an on-camera interview with Rian Johnson, the film's director, who also did Brick with Joseph Gordon Levitt back in 2005. We have a good little discussion, and the interview should air on TSTV later this semester before the film's release in December/January. I talked to him about his work on Brick, his film school education, and what it takes to go from film student status to big-time Hollywood director.
     His advice: just keep working on something that means something to you and pushing, pushing, pushing until someone finally lets you in their office or writes you a check.
And with that said, I'll post the interview here once it gets edited.

1 comment:

Ellen S said...

Looking forward to the video interview!

E. Spiro